Saturday, 5 September 2015

Help Habdash Grow Campaign!


I've always been a little dubious about crowdfunding for Pocket and Pin, mostly due to my own self confidence i think! I'm a colossal worrier and shy to boot, which is not the ideal combination of characteristics for running a business... Thank goodness i've got wonderful family and friends to give me a kick up the backside every now and again!

However, i've seen how successful it's been for other small businesses and decided to give it a go! 
I've built Pocket & Pin up very slowly over the course of the last two and a half years, it really has been a labour of love. 
Cashflow is an ever increasing worry with a small business and investment is not easy to come by. This makes expansion and growth very slow and quite frustrating if i'm honest. Many a sleepless night has been had over the past two years!

Crowdfunding is great as it gives me the chance to offer any backers a little reward, if they so choose, for their help. Happy days! :-D 
I'd never ask for something for nothing, and so, anyone that opts to pledge to my campaign can choose a reward based on the amount they pledge. All contain varying amounts of Habdash goodness!

So what do i plan to do with the money i raise i hear you ask!?...Well, several things actually and i really hope i manage to raise enough to tick them off my business bucket list.

Firstly I'd like to expand the range of boxes i currently offer on a one-off basis. 
Currently i have a handful of one-off boxes available via my website and Not on the Highstreet plus the fab subscription club for those super committed crafters who just can't get enough of Habdash.
I'd like to grow the range by having more occasion themed boxes such as, wedding, Mother's Day and special child friendly boxes too. 
I'd also like to make larger deluxe boxes which would make a spectacular extra special gift for all you experienced crafters out there.

Secondly, i'd like to be able to afford a stand at Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Fair next September. I was asked to participate this year but unfortunately the cost of the stand plus transport and set up costs would take me well over £1500. Completely out of my league at this time but i'd love to make it there next year!

Any funds raised over my target of £2450 would be used for marketing materials and website upgrades that i've been wanting to do for a while but get left at the bottom of the to-do list as everything else just seems more important.

We really appreciate every customer's support on our journey so far, you are all amazing for supporting and putting your trust in a small business like mine. 
Small business rocks!

We'd love it if you could share this post, spread the word or even pledge to our little campaign. Every little helps and means the world to us. You can view our Crowdfunder Campaign here, or click the link on the right hand side of this blog!

Don't forget, subscription to our Habdash club are always open and this month all new subscribers get a fab free gift as a special thank you. 
Here's a sneak peek of this month's box which is being dispatched on Monday 21st September.






Happy crafting!
Sarah x





Follow