It's just over two months until the big day so we've put together a little Christmas Craft Hit List of our favorite crafty activities and inspiration!
Pinterest is an enormous and extremely valuable source for ideas, inspiration and tutorials for all kinds of crafting and DIY. This is definitely the time of year to start a project or a few, so here's our pick of the best.
Click the link below the pictures to view the Pin and follow to the source.
1. Felt Ornaments: Felt is one of may favourite materials, its so versatile, quick and easy to use. Why not whip up some cute tree decorations...it's also a great material for crafting with the kiddos as its easy to stitch and cut and you don't have to worry about seams. No fuss. You can find a fab range of felt in our craft shop to get you started and our Felt Makes board on Pinterest is jam packed full of ideas, inspiration and links to tutorials.
2. Wreaths: The scope for wreaths nowadays is huge...and they are not just for Christmas! Here are a couple of my favourites from Pinterest. Pom Poms are such a fun way to cover a wreath! Super quick too, make sure you have some of these fab Pom Pom Makers in your craft kit! I love to have a mix of wreaths around the house this time of year, i always go for fresh green for the front door at christmas but inside i have something on almost every door!
3. Advent Calendars: I love a homemade advent calendar. They don't need to be all about chocolate either. Why not mix it up a bit and include miniature toys, different flavour tea bags or even (for the over 18 of us) bottles of wine! I may even think up a Habdash style Advent Calendar next year!...now there's an idea!
4. Tags and Cards: I always make my own Christmas cards and quite often turn to Pinterest for inspiration. Last year i used my die cutter to cut Felt Stars which i glued onto Kraft card blanks. I am undecided on what to do this year. However for me, life is hectic, so it has to be simple and effective. I love these Snowflake cards embroidered with tapestry wool!
5. Paper Crafts: As i said before, I love simplicity! I always go back to basics when crafting with the kiddos. It doesn't get simpler than paper!
Now that's got you in the festive mood, be sure to check out our Christmas Craft Shop! Our Top 10 Christmas Craft Supplies will be on the blog next week!